● Feeling agitated and sitting with it (and in that sitting enjoying a big bowl of ice cream, even after listening to a podcast about the dangers of sugar addiction and overriding my inner critique about why I should or shouldn’t indulge in ice cream)
● Meeting new Danish friends and singing their national anthem and learning Danish traditions after sharing that my mom had so much pride in our Danish heritage
● The friendly waves and thumbs up from cars driving by, the ‘buen camino’ greeting from every single passerby (especially the children!) and the honking semi trucks all showing their support of my Camino journey
● A big bubble bath in a boutique hotel that ranks as one of my top hotel stays in the entire world, for just 45 euro!
● This ‘Whole Foods’ of a donation stand that had the best snacks in the middle of nowhere, run by a man named David who has lived on the Camino path for 13 years serving pilgrims
● Allowing sadness as the Camino end is now in sight, and coming back to the present moment realizing I still have 7 full days left of Camino life